Philly Thrive is hiring a part-time Fundraising Coordinator to help raise our campaign to the next level.
JOB POSTING: Fundraising Coordinator
Applications Due: Nov 11, 2016 Start Date: January 9, 2017
Philly Thrive is an emerging community organization committed to building a multi-racial, cross-class movement for environmental justice across Philadelphia. Our Right to Breathe campaign is shifting public support against toxic fossil fuel projects in the city, focused on the largest oil refinery on the east coast located in South Philly. We build power through neighborhood organizing and creative direct actions to achieve our three goals: health and safety over profit, no fossil fuel expansion, and a green economy for all.
The fundraising coordinator will be a part-time position (25 hrs/wk) responsible for expanding Philly Thrive’s fundraising team and overseeing our overall fundraising strategy.
- Expand and develop the skills of the Funds Circle, a team of leaders across class and race backgrounds committed to fundraising
- Help convene movement-wide process of budget priority-setting for 2017
- Create fundraising plan for 2017, with support of the Funds Circle
- Support implementation of fundraising plan for 2017
- Convene and support Thrivers in Major Donor fundraising, as well as seasonal fundraising drives using email, social media, and phonebanking
- Spearhead grant prospecting and writing, assisted by members of circle
- Maintain and develop relationships with donors and sustainers
- Evaluate and make recommendations on requests for compensation from Thrive members
- Administrative tasks such as filing and paying reimbursements, communicating with bookkeeper, and communicating with Philly Thrive’s fiscal sponsor about payroll and accounting
- At least two years experience as a volunteer or paid staff in social justice organization
- 1-3 years experience fundraising for a non-profit or community group strongly preferred
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Self-directed and able to create and execute a workplan with little supervision
- Strong commitment to environmental justice and the principles of our campaign
Please send a cover letter summarizing why you want to work for Philly Thrive and what you would bring to this position, along with your resume, a writing sample, and two references. Send to the hiring committee via Dinah DeWald at [email protected]. Make sure to put “Fundraising Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Philly Thrive is committed to building a strong multiracial, cross-class organization. People of color and those from low-income and working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about the organization, see our website: www.phillythrive.org. Call 602-793-0682 with any questions.
Philly Thrive is prepared to compensate the Fundraising Coordinator $1,500/mo ($18,000 for the year) for this part-time position (25 hrs/wk). Depending on experience, fit with our mission, and need, the salary may be negotiable.