Note: the deadline to apply has been extended to 4/22/18
The Fundraising Coordinator is a part-time position (25 hours/week) responsible for driving Philly Thrive’s overall fundraising strategy, organizing volunteers to participate in fundraising, and bottom-lining administrative tasks.
- Spearhead Philly Thrive’s volunteer-driven fundraising activities. This includes recruiting new members, engaging volunteers already in Thrive’s membership, building the skills of Thrive volunteers, and supporting volunteers to fundraise
- Grant writing and grant reporting as needed to fund the organization
- Once a year, facilitate a process of creating Thrive’s organizational budget and fundraising plan for the upcoming year
- Bottom-line administrative tasks including legal reporting, tax filings, and preparing budget reports
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Serve as treasurer on the Philly Thrive board
- Participate as a Philly Thrive member in organizational programs, including regular attendance at general assemblies, actions, and strategy conversations
Skills We’re Looking For
- Experience making fundraising asks & participating in ongoing fundraising plans
- Comfortability with holding one-on-one organizing meetings & relationship-building
- Strong writing skills
- An eye for seeking out untapped potential and fundraising opportunities
- Ability to direct your own growth and development in this role
- Know-how to run successful fundraising events
- Flexibility to adapt to the emerging challenges and responsibilities
- Confidence with administrative tasks that involve the legal system
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with Google Drive, Wave/Quickbooks, Nationbuilder
- At least two years experience as a volunteer or paid staff in social justice organization
- 1-3 years experience fundraising for a non-profit or community group strongly preferred
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience managing a team
- Self-directed and able to create and execute a workplan with little supervision
- Has a reliable computer with access to internet and phone
- Strong commitment to environmental justice and the principles of our campaign
Please send a cover letter summarizing why you want to work for Philly Thrive and what you would bring to this position, along with your resume, a writing sample, and two references. Send to the hiring committee: [email protected]. Make sure to put “Fundraising Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Philly Thrive is committed to building a strong multiracial, cross-class organization. People of color and those from low-income and working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about the organization, see our website: www.phillythrive.org. Call 513-238-3006 with any questions.
Philly Thrive is prepared to compensate the Fundraising Coordinator $1,500/mo ($18,000 for the year) for this part-time position (25 hrs/wk). Depending on experience, fit with our mission, and need, the salary may be negotiable.
About Philly Thrive
Founded in November 2015, Philly Thrive is a community organization committed to building a multi-racial, cross-class movement for environmental justice in Philadelphia. Our Right to Breathe campaign is shifting public support against toxic fossil fuel projects in the city, focused on the largest oil refinery on the east coast located in South Philly. We build power through neighborhood organizing and creative direct actions to achieve our three goals: health and safety over profit, no fossil fuel expansion, and a green economy for all.
Do you like this page?